ESM303 Motorized Test Stand w/PC Control
The ESM303 is a highly configurable single-column force tester for tension and compression measurement applications up to 300 lbF [1.5 kN], with a rugged design suitable for laboratory and production environments. Sample setup and fine positioning are a breeze with available FollowMeTM force-based positioning - using your hand as your guide, push and pull on the force gauge or load cell to move the crosshead at a variable rate of speed.
With generous travel, clearance, and depth dimensions, a wide range of tests can be performed, including break testing, cycling, limit testing to a load or distance, loadholding, elongation testing, tensile testing, compression testing, and more. Satisfy various test methods through an easy-to-use menu, allowing the configuration of test speed, force and distance limits, cycling, preload, and many other functions, all protected by a password. Save up to 50 profiles to accommodate a range of test methods.
When the ESM303’s clearance is insufficient for the application, its modular mechanical design allows for single- and double-column extensions. Modularity extends to the controller functions as well. Individual functions, such as travel measurement, cycling, loadholding, etc., may be purchased either upfront or enabled in the field through an activation code. This a-la-carte platform allows for custom configuration as appropriate for the application and budget.
Force and travel data can be output to a PC for graphing and analysis using MESURTMgauge software. Or, fully control the stand by a PC through a custom-written program with ASCII communication.
- Load capacity:
- 300 lbF (1.5 kN) @ up to 24 in/min (610 mm/min)
- 200 lbF (1 kN) @ >24 in/min (610 mm/min)
- Maximum travel distance:
- 18.0 in (457 mm)
- Speed range:
- Standard: 0.5 - 13 in/min (13 - 330 mm/min)
- Optional: 0.02 - 45 in/min (0.5 - 1,100 mm/min)
- Speed setting accuracy: ±0.2%
- Speed variation with load: ±0% (stepper motor driven)
- Travel accuracy: ±0.002 in per 10 in (±0.05 mm per 250 mm)
- Travel resolution: 0.001 in / 0.02 mm
- Limit switch repeatability: 0.001 in (0.03 mm)
- Power: Universal input 80-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- 56.5 lb (25.6 kg)
- Included accessories:
- G1024 5” extension rod, G1028 small hook, G1038 medium hook, G1039 #10-32 coupler, G1009 2” dia. compression plate, gauge/indicator mounting screws, Allen wrench set, and Resource CD.
- Warranty: 3 years (see individual statement for further details)
- A wide range of force gauges and gripping fixtures
- Interface cable, gauge to test stand (09-1214)
- Connects Series 7, 5 and Series 4 force gauges to the crosshead. This single cable is used to transmit data and power. The gauge's AC adapter is not required.
- USB cable, test stand to PC (09-1158)
- For force and travel data output and PC control.
- Load cell / indicator adapter (AC1062)
- Accommodates any Mark-10 indicator and Series R01 or R03 force sensors. Includes mounting hardware.
- Single column extensions (ESM303-001-1 / -2 / -3)
- Increase the vertical clearance for tall samples. Three lengths are available - 6, 12 and 24 in [150, 300, and 600 mm].
- Double column extensions (ESM303-002-1 / -2 / -3)
- Accommodate up to a 20 in. [508 mm] wide sample, or ø21.5 in [ø546 mm] round sample. Three heights are available - 6, 12 and 24 in [150, 300, and 600 mm]. Base contains rows of T-slots for fixture mounting.
- Eye end adapters allow for quick grip installation and removal, and prevent grip rotation. Mount to common test frames, load cells, and force gauges